Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tasting- Sutter Home Riesling

 

Name: Sutter Home Riesling
Variety: White
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $6.00

Online Review:
Gorgeously gold in the light, lush, tropical fruit fragrances leap from the glass, while satiny summer peaches and fresh melons rain down on your palate. This is 24-carat bliss.

My Review: I bought this bottle of wine because I was in a rush and I wanted something cheap, light and familiar; Riesling it was. I chilled the bottle in the refrigerator and opened it (twist off) and poured myself a glass. When smelling it, it gave off very fruity flavors like peach and melon, but also had a tangy feel to it. I sipped and was surprised how it had some carbonation in it. I assumed it was a table wine with zero fizz, but was caught off guard when it hit my tongue. It was a good, sweet, wine and six dollars was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment