Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tasting- Redwood Creek Chardonnay

Chardonnay
Name: Redwood Creek
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: est. $10.00

Online Review: Our Redwood Creek Chardonnay has enticing aromas of ripe apple and citrus, with hints of oak. Plush flavors of vanilla, citrus and tropical fruit are framed by a rich mouth-feel. This Chardonnay is a rich, flavorful pairing for poultry, fish and cream-based pasta.

My Review: I smelled this wine and was instantly excited to try it. I immediately smelled apple and vanilla and the citrus aspect of the wine was very potent. I sniffed and swirled some more and continued on to take the first sip. It's safe to say I was let down and a little disappointed. I had gotten this wine on sale at Kroger and was eager to try it but will probably not purchase it again. As Gary Vanerchuck would say, the 'oak monster' was out and was to oaky for my liking. It wasn't as sweet as I had hoped and my pallet did not enjoy the intensity as much as I had hoped it out. I did not try it with any food but the online review recommends it with cream based pasta, so I would not be opposed in giving it another shot if I were to try it with some other food!

No comments:

Post a Comment